Beausoleil First Nation Civic Addressing
911 Civic Addresses - May 2011
Dear Christian Island Resident and Community Member,
I would like to introduce to you our new Beausoleil First Nation 9-1-1 Civic Addressing program. There has been much work completed on this program over the past three years by summer students with APS/EMS: Josh McGregor, Carly Monague, Juliana Monague, Alex King, Hillary Smith; all the staff of BFN EMS, Edna King, Adam Copegog, Myrtle Jamieson, Gloria Monague, Leon King, past and present Chief & Council and many more people that have contributed over time. We are proud of our collective achievements and excited to implement this new standardized addressing program to help mitigate risk and increase emergency response reliability.
Our new addressing is scheduled to go live on Monday May 16th, 2011 @ 0900
We have made the necessary changes of your new address with Bell Canada (911 Emergency Management Centre) Simcoe County 911 Emergency Management, Simcoe County GIS, Georgian Central Ambulance Communications Centre, Barrie Fire Communications Centre, Beausoleil Fire & Rescue Services, APS, Beausoleil First Nation EMS and Hydro One. If you require emergency assistance by dialling 9-1-1 the new changes will be in place effective Monday May 16th, 2011 @ 0900. During May 10th to May 14th you will notice a new standardized Civic Address sign installed at your residence by EMS, FIRE and APS. The Roads department will be installing the new road signs and regulatory signs. You will receive an information package this week with your newly assigned address. Please watch the chimnissing website for more information. For your information, you can always review the Christian Island Map at: http://simcoe.ca/dpt/it/gis/index.htm which will show you the newly named roads and you can even zoom to see your residence and number associated with it.
Changing your address for your driver's license, vehicle registration, health card and Outdoors Card can be done quickly and easily in one secure simple transaction. THERE IS NO COST for this service, and after you finish changing your address online, the information will be updated immediately. Website address to make these changes:
Are there other ways to change my address? Yes.
You can visit any of the ServiceOntario Kiosks located across the province. These kiosks have extended hours of availability. The closest Kiosk to Christian Island is: Georgian Mall Kiosk, 509 Bayfield Street, Barrie (Monday-Friday 10:00am-9:00pm; Saturday 9:30am-6:00pm; Sunday 9:30am-12:00pm)
If you are unable to visit a kiosk, here are some other ways to change your address:
- Driver's Licences or Vehicle Registrations: You can mail your completed Plate Owner Address Change Notice which you can find attached to your Vehicle Registration or original Driver's Licence carrier document. The address is indicated on the Notice.
- You can also visit a Driver and Vehicle Licence Issuing Office. (Huronia Mall, Midland, Next to Scotia Bank& Giant Tiger)
- Outdoor Cards: You can call the Outdoors Card Centre toll-free at 1-800-387-7011, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday.
- Health Cards: You can either:
- You can obtain a form from the BFN Band office, EMS Station, BFHC or download a form from the "Forms Online" section of the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care's website, and return it by mail.
- Send a letter to your local Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care office. In your letter, be sure to include your: 1) name; 2) health number; 3) telephone number; 4) current address; 5) new address and postal code.
- Or visit either the Band Office receptionist Melissa, Lands Manager Jennifer Copegog, Guiding Lights Senior's Centre - Veronica and staff, and any EMS staff @ The EMS Station to assist you with the on-line changes. They would be pleased to help you with your transition.
You will be responsible to ensure your address is changed with any other government bodies (Canada Revenue Agency, Canada Post) or your financial institution, lease, loan or other financial institutions you utilize.
If you have any questions, concerns or require more information please contact Doug Rawson, EMS Manager and he will gladly assist you. Office-705-247-2525, Cell-705-720-0194, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding the reasons for the change.
Please view the Master 911 address listing. It does not have resident names and phone numbers, but it can be used a cross reference from the old number to the new number.
Old Street Name, New Street Name, Pronunciation, Translation
Click to view large format jpg to view street addresses on Christian Island. (4.03MB)